Are you an architect who is considering specifying Atomik for your project? If so, I can assist you in selecting the most appropriate product. With my extensive knowledge of every Atomik product and its installation process, we can have a conversation to make your cut sheets concise and easy to understand. My goal is to make your job easier by providing expert advice and unbiased options to help you achieve your desired outcome. Please don't hesitate to contact me for any assistance you require.
To view this product and other products that match this set, click Contractor Grade.
This is a set of five different shapes of footholds. The holds have the same tooling as the 10 Pack 2 Bolt.
The holds measure, on average, 4" wide x 3" tall x 2-1/2" standing off the wall, which is big enough even for bare feet.
!Attention Architects! The ideal thickness of soft play rubber is 2" and 3" thick. In between these, thicknesses create headaches for the length of the bolts needed. Thicker also makes more issues. Atomik recommends no thicker than a 3" soft play surface when attaching climbing holds on top of it and to the concrete underneath.
We recommend you purchase the Resin 10 Pack 2 Bolt Spacer for the easiest installation relating to poured-in-place rubber.
There are several ways to install the product on top of Poured-in-Place Rubber. We have listed these below. Using a sold separate resin spacer is the easiest first method. Click HERE for the Resin Spacer product spacer and a video of the installation process.
Using the Resin Spacer
This resin spacer is meant to be covered by 1/2" of Poured-in-Place/Soft Play Rubber.
This Spacer only works for the 10-pack 2 Bolt product. Its intended use can be viewed in the video below. If you need help ordering this product, call our office at 801-404-0280. We encourage you to contact us as the people who answer our phones have personal experience with hundreds of install applications of this product. You can purchase the Resin Spacer HERE.
HOW TO INSTALL ON A SOFT PLAY/RUBBER SURFACE BEFORE RUBBER HAS BEEN INSTALLED
To install on to a Soft Play/Rubber surface requires some planning. Below are the details. For pictures of the hardware to use and how it will look, please look at our thumbnail images found within this product's listing.
INSTALLING CLIMBING HOLDS AFTER RUBBER HAS BEEN INSTALLED
1. Your contractor installed the soft play rubber down with no anchors in the concrete slab.
2. Take one hold from the 10-pack 2 Bolt and drill a 3/8" hole down both holes. We use a standard drill bit. It would be best if you drilled all the way down to the concrete slab without touching the concrete. This avoids wearing out the tip of your bit.
3. Now that you have your 3/8" holes in the rubber, take a 3/8" concrete bit and drill a hole deep enough so that the Simpson Titen HD Heavy Duty Screw Anchor embeds a minimum of 2-1/2". Tapcon also has a 3/8" concrete anchor that is very similar to the Simpson.
4. Now, take a THIN WALLED 9/16" Nut driver and send the screws home.
5. LENGTH OF SCREW NOTE: If you intend this method of installation from the beginning, the thinner the soft play rubber is, the easier the installation. To determine the length of the screw you need, use the measurement of the thickness of the rubber plus 4" for Tapcons and 3" for concrete hollow set anchors. So, if you have 3" soft play rubber, you need two 7" Tapcon Anchors per hold. Or, if you have 3" of soft play rubber, you would need two 5" Allen Head Socket Cap bolts and two concrete hollow set anchors.
WHEN INSTALLING HOLDS ON TOP OF RUBBER THAT IS ALREADY IN PLACE AND NO ANCHORS WERE PRE-PLACED