Compared to sport climbing gym holds with a durometer hardness of approximately 70D, our Dry Tooling Metal Resin tests at an extremely hard 90D! This produces a hard resin that even the sharpest picks skate on the surface.
This set of shallow dishes offers 1/2" to 3/4" deep dishes with swoops coming off of the dish, making them very easy to make more difficult if you choose. These holds are best suited for low-angled terrain because when you weight your tool, you never feel a stable sweet spot, forcing you to maintain tool control throughout the entire move.
- WALL ANGLE: Useful on vertical, low-angled, and volumes.
- SIZE: The smallest hold measures 3-1/2" wide x 5" tall x 1-3/8" off the wall.
- SIZE: The largest hold measures 4-3/4" wide x 6-1/8" tall x 1-5/8" off the wall.
- DURABILITY: Metal resin that feels like glass with your picks.
- DISCLAIMER: Use Drytooling resin holds only with your picks, not your crampons. This product does wear.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Please be aware that it is unacceptable to drytool at your local crag. Drytooling damages natural rock. You should drytool only in places where the local community has dedicated the area and never on established rock climbing routes.
- DRY TOOLING ETHICS: What You Should Know before heading out.