The 6 Pack of ARCHED Obstacle Course Rails take the Ninja Obstacle, Cliffhanger™, to another level. More accurately, another angle.
The arched rail design offers two main landing areas. One area is the easy way, and the other area is hard if not improbable way.
The easy way is for your hands to land on the arched rail, at the same time, in the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions.
The hard, if not improbable way is to grip the closest side of the rail with your leading hand. By undershooting, like this, your leading hand ends up gripping the rail with your palm facing away from you. It's called a Gaston in the climbing world. Landing short like this increases the difficulty.
The rails stand off the wall by 1-1/2" and have a 25-degree incut which is plenty to land on. This product is thicker than our Cliffhanger™ 5 Obstacle Course Rails.
For the home wall user looking for something unique, you can expect an edge when installed on a 25-degree overhanging wall. They will feel around V3. On a 45-degree overhanging wall, the rail will be 20-degrees sloping which is in the advanced level range. Expect around V7.
The nominal measurements of the rails are 6", 9", 12", 15", 18", and 21". These width measurements are from the convex point, tip to tip, across the product. For exact measurements, see below.
- 6" SIZE: 6-1/8" wide x 2" tall x 1-1/2" standing off the wall.
- 9" SIZE: 8-7/8" wide x 2" tall x 1-1/2" standing off the wall.
- 12" SIZE: 11-3/4" wide x 2" tall x 1-1/2" standing off the wall.
- 15" SIZE: 14-5/8" wide x 2" tall x 1-1/2" standing off the wall.
- 18" SIZE: 17-3/8" wide x 2" tall x 1-1/2" standing off the wall.
- 21" SIZE: 20-1/8" wide x 2" tall x 1-1/2" standing off the wall.
- TEXTURE: The texture is silky, grippy, and skin-friendly that feels like natural rock.