The 5 Large Granite Edges offer deep 3/4" to 1-1/2" deep edges where you can expect the edges to be incut.
On a vertical wall, consider two of the holds as jugs. They offer a 1-1/2" deep edge, and the incut is around 35-degrees. That means the incut stays positive up to walls that are 35-degrees overhanging.
The two largest holds have multiple shape changes, which create places for thumb catches; this makes a "pinching" grip. The remaining three holds are more traditionally-shaped edges which means your thumb crimps beside your fingers on the edge. This set is an excellent choice for the beginner on low angled walls.
You can expect a V1 feeling hold on a vertical wall and a V4 feeling hold on a 45-degree wall.
- SIZE: Smallest hold, measures 4-1/2" wide x 2-1/2" tall x 1" standing off the wall.
- SIZE: Largest hold, measures 6" wide x 3-1/2" tall x 1" standing off the wall.
- SIZE: Jugiest hold, measures 5" wide x 3-1/2" tall x 1-1/2" standing off the wall.
- V1 on vertical walls.
- V2 on 20-degree walls.
- V4 on 45-degree walls.
- 20 to 35-degree incuts, which means they become challenging on angles steeper than 45 degrees.
- Texture: Rock-like granite texture.