TRUBLUE’s self-regulating magnetic braking system is the result of years of research, development, and testing. Our auto belay is designed for climbers and engineered for safety. TRUBLUE Auto Belays are engineered to meet the strictest safety standards, including extensive testing by one of the leading certification bodies in the world, TÜV/SÜD Product Service GmbH.
The TRUBLUE is available in two webbing lengths:
- LT model: 41 ft (12.5 m)
- XL model: 65 ft (20 m)
Featuring the same magnetic braking climbers love and trust, now more durable and lighter than ever before!
- iQ: 370 x 280 x 198 mm (14.5 x 11 x 7.7 in)
- iQ+: 370 x 280 x 254mm (14.5 x 11 x 10 in)
- iQ LT: 15.9 kg (35 lbs)
- iQ XL: 19 kg (41 lbs)
- iQ+ LT: 19 kg (41.8 lbs)
- iQ+ XL: 22.1 kg (48.7 lbs)
- Climber Weight Range: 10-140 kg (22-309 lbs)
- Maximum Landing Velocity: 2.0 m/s (6.5 ft/s)
- Maximum Mounting Height:
- LT: 12.5 m (41 ft)
- XL: 20 m (65.6ft)
- Minimum Mounting Height:
- LT: 4.5 m (14.8 ft)
- XL: 12 m (39.4 ft)
- Temperature Range:
- Operating: -4°C to 60°C (25°F to 140°F)
- Operating (Dry): -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
The TRUBLUE iQ+ marks the largest leap forward in auto-belay innovation in over a decade. Designed for both indoor and outdoor climbing walls, the iQ+ is the first and only auto belay device to offer advanced features like catch-and-hold technology and IoT compatibility.
As the premium model in our iQ series, every TRUBLUE iQ+ is handmade in the USA and engineered to last. The patented magnetic braking system is friction-free, delivering high cycle counts with low maintenance requirements and minimal wear on internal parts.
- Catch-and-Hold Technology: Allows climbers to rest and project routes.
- Built for indoor and outdoor use.
- High cycle count, minimal maintenance, and low cost of ownership.
- Smooth descent: TRUBLUE is the only auto belay to utilize magnetic braking technology. Magnetic braking is extremely reliable (even in wet conditions), friction-free, and self-regulating, providing the same rate of descent regardless of a user’s size or weight.
- Unassisted Ascent: Rather than pulling climbers up the wall, TRUBLUE gives users the most authentic climber feel, giving users the freedom to climb under their own power.
- Improved Durability: The iQ series is equipped with wider webbing, a built-in back bumper, and a replaceable mount guard.
- IoT Compatibility: Built-in connectivity for data downloads and performance analytics (software package still to come)
- Meets international safety standards: TRUBLUE is designed for climbers and engineered for safety. We engineered TRUBLUE to meet international safety standards for fall arrest devices.
- Extensive safety testing: For over four years, the TRUBLUE iQ series has undergone extensive safety testing by an ISO 17025 accredited company specializing in product testing.
- Shock Load Certified: TRUBLUE Auto Belays are certified under EN360:2002 to protect against shock loads. In climbing, these can be caused by dynamic movements.
- TÜV SÜD tested to 10x Class A
- Printable wall signage is available for your facility. You can download your copy here: Safety Posters
MINIMAL MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS AND COSTS
• The webbing-based system will not damage walls and feels natural
• Reduced webbing wear with unique delivery nozzle and field-
replaceable webbing kit
• Lower maintenance and servicing costs
• To ensure compliance with safety standards and maintain your warranty, TRUBLUE Auto Belays must undergo annual recertification.
TRUBLUE Auto Belays
Attn: Service Center
1835 38th Street
Boulder, CO 80301
The TRUBLUE Auto Belay systems should be shipped in the original box and packing.
The Universal Mount is a mounting device designed specifically for use as a climbing anchor.
See here for UNIVERSAL MOUNT MANUAL
Installation Instruction Video: