The TRUBLUE SPEED Auto Belay is based on our TRUBLUE, the most widely used and trusted auto belay in the world. Retraction speed is fast enough to outrun even the world’s elite speed climbers, and our magnetic braking provides the familiar, gentle descent of a TRUBLUE.
- Same Magnetic Braking: It's the same patented magnetic eddy current braking that climbers have come to love because of the gentle descent.
- Same Reliability and Low Maintenance: Eddy current magnetic braking is friction-free and has no sacrificial wear parts in the braking system, so our devices are extremely reliable and low maintenance.
- Retraction Speed: The TRUBLUE SPEED Auto Belay retracts at 2.7 seconds for a 10m wall, and 3.5 s for a 15-meter wall which will outpace IFSC standards and is fast enough for current and future world records.
- Pulling Force: Per IFSC standards, the TRUBLUE Speed Auto Belay exerts a minimum force on a climber, so the results are all yours.
- Rated Body Weight: 10 to 136 kg (22 to 300 lbs)
- Device Weight: 18.5 kg (41 lbs)
- Maximum Mounting Height: 16 m (52.8 ft)
- Minimum Mounting Height: 7.5 m (24.6 ft)
- Maximum Descent Rate: 2.0 m/s (6.6 ft/s)
- Temperature Range:
- Operating: -4°C to 60°C (25°F to 140°F)
- Operating (Dry): -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
The TRUBLUE, TRUBLUE XL, and TRUBLUE SPEED Auto Belays conform to Regulation (EU) 2016/425 and comply with the following prevailing Safety regulations:
- AS/NZS 1891: Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices - Part 3: Fall arrest devices
- CSA Z259.2.3-99: Descent Control Devices
- EN 341: 2011 Class 1A: Personal protective equipment against falls from a height – Descender devices
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.4: Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components
- EN 360:2002: Personal protective equipment against falls from a height - Retractable type fall arresters
- Section 4.5: Maximum force < 6kN for 150kg capacity